Bible Study: 2 Timothy- " Christian Leadership"-5
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Important: This event has already occurred.
- St. Mary's Church, 1973 Cultra Ave., Saanichton (Cultra & East Saanichton Rd.)
5. "A CHRISTIAN LEADER ... TEACHES THE TRUTH" - 2 Tim. 3:10-4:5
What to Teach
- Ensure your leader knows that teaching and living God's truth are inextricably combined.
- Choose a leader whose teaching is based on the Scriptures - who knows those Scriptures and loves them.
- Choose a leader who knows the purposes of Scripture - to lead us to salvation, to reveal the mind of God, to transform our lives; and to equip us for good works.
How to Teach
- Ensure your leader has the gift of preaching and teaching or is eager to empower others who do - preaching and teaching must have a central place in the life of a healthy congregation.
- Ensure preaching is done with care - to win over and not alienate and which appeals to the whole person.
- Ensure your leader is committed to the hard work and steadiness required in order to teach the truth.