- Saturday, August 10, 2019
- 12:30 - 4:30 pm
- St. Stephen Church , 7921 St. Stephen Road, Saanichton V8M 2C3 (off Mt. Newton Rd.)
- Save to your Calendar
The Anglican Parish of Central Saanich is joined by Saanich Peninsula Parish and St. Andrew Anglican Church to host this year's Peninsula Wine Fest to be held on Saturday August 10 on the beautiful grounds of St. Stephen Anglican Church. This event is adult and community oriented, and all of the proceeds will support community programs.
This is a "bundled" event, to include a wine tasting demonstration, wine tasting, appetizers, live music, and a unique etched wine glass as a take-home souvenir. Rounding out the tasting of over 20 wines is a vintage car show, a tour of the heritage church and historical cemetery, and a silent auction.
- It is "for the community, by the community". Both the community and the parish are invited to enjoy the wine tasting activities. Also, members of the community will be key to the success of the event - 7 local wineries will be pouring samples of their own wines or ciders, and the food, appetizers, and beverages are from local businesses. It is also on the calendar of the Peninsula Flavour Trail.
- It is an event for adults only. For those choosing not to participate in the wine tasting activities, they can still enjoy the appetizers, entertainment etc. for a reduced-fare ticket. No pets please.
All proceeds of the Wine Fest will support community programs. The three we have chosen this year are:
- the Saanich Peninsula Hospital & Healthcare Foundation who will use our support to assist with their campaign to purchase a Bone Densitometer (a duel-energy x-ray bone mineral densitometry system suitable for various applications in osteoporosis and orthopedics to test bone mineral loss),
- the Mount Newton Centre Society, that will use our support to enhance their Bath Refurbishing Project for the community, and
- the ORCCA Dental Clinic Society Sidney B.C. where their motto is “Healthy smiles for neighbourhood kids!”. ORCCA's purpose is to provide children and adolescents under 19 years of age from low-income families access to oral care in a not for profit setting. It is based on the beliefs that all children and adolescents have the right to healthy oral care and that effective oral care positively transforms the health and lives of children and adolescents.
Our proceeds are generated mainly from:
- Ticket sales to Wine Fest, to participate in the wine tasting activities, and
- The Silent Auction. Please be generous with your bids for those special items and/or bundles of services that have been graciously donated by individuals and businesses in our community, and beyond.
If you purchase one of the 60 "Early Bird" tickets before June 21, you will save $10 or 22% as the price is $35. After the Early Bird tickets are sold out, or after June 21, tickets are $45 for all before August 10, except if you are a student or senior, the cost is reduced to $40. Either Visa or MasterCard is acceptable online. Tickets at-the-door are $50. Tax will be added to the above stated prices.
If you are even a little bit interested in enjoying this great community event, don't risk being turned away because we have sold out our capacity of 350!
If you prefer not to drink any alcoholic beverages, then you are still welcome to enjoy the other festivities (including the appetizers) for your donation of $20.
Should you choose to make a donation to support the three community sponsored programs, you can do that on-line as well. You will receive a tax receipt if your donation is $25 or greater.
The Hosts for the Wine Fest for 2019 are:
- Anglican Parish of Central Saanich: (St. Mary Church and St. Stephen Church). Their website is www.ParishCS.ca
- Saanich Peninsula Parish (St. Elizabeth's and Our Lady of the Assumption). Their website is SPParish.com , and
- St. Andrew Anglican Church (Sidney). Their website is StAndrewsSidney.ca .
1. To purchase tickets, click here.
2. To review "Tasting Vancouver Island Wines", click here.
3. For the highlights of the appetizers, click here.