The Anglican Parish of Central Saanich is joined by Saanich Peninsula Parish and St. Andrew Anglican Church to host this year's Peninsula Wine Fest to be held on Saturday August 10 on the beautiful grounds of St. Stephen's Anglican Church. This event is adult and community oriented, and all of the proceeds will support community programs.
This is a "bundled" event, to include a wine tasting demonstration, wine tasting, appetizers, live music, and a unique etched wine glass as a take-home souvenir. Rounding out the tasting of over 20 wines is a vintage car show, a tour of the heritage church and historical cemetery, and a silent auction.
- It is "for the community, by the community". Both the community and the parish are invited to enjoy the wine tasting activities. Also, members of the community will be key to the success of the event - 8 local wineries will be pouring samples of their own wines, and the food, appetizers, and beverages are from local businesses. It is also on the calendar of the Peninsula Flavour Trail.
- It is an event for adults only. For those choosing not to participate in the wine tasting activities, they can still enjoy the appetizers, entertainment etc. for a reduced-fare ticket. No pets please.
All proceeds of the Wine Fest will support community programs. The three we have chosen this year are:
- Saanich Peninsula Hospital,
- Mount Newton Centre Society, and
- ORCCA Dental Clinic in Sidney.