"Devote yourselves to prayer" (Colossians 4:2)
Prayer is the primary way we communicate with God and therefore is a vital part of our relationship with Christ. We believe that God wants us to take time to pray for others and for ourselves, and that he hears and answers our prayers according to his perfect will.
There are some different ways for you to get involved in prayer ministry in this parish.
- Prayer Team: A small group that meets Tuesday mornings at 11am in the St Stephen's boardroom to pray for needs - both local and global. Please join us.
- Prayer Chain: Members receive requests by email and commit to praying at home for people in need. All such requests are kept confidential. To become part of the prayer chain, contact Jackie.
- Prayer Shawls: A tangible expression of love, caring and compassion from our church family to those who are critically ill, grieving the loss of a loved one or recovering from surgery. They’re also given during times of celebration such as the birth of a child or a wedding. They are knitted in prayer and then blessed during Sunday worship. To be involved in this ministry or to request a shawl, contact Jackie.
- Prayers of the People: Different people lead the prayers at our Sunday services. If you'd like to learn how to do this, we offer training and extra resources to help you. To become part of this ministry, contact the Rev. Canon Peter Parker.
- Prayer Days: We gather 2-3 times a year to learn and practice different methods of prayer. One recent day featured Ignatian Prayer. Check the Events page for more details.