As followers of Jesus, we're commanded to love God and to love our neighbour. With this in mind, we reach out to our community and the wider world as an expression of our faith. We support both local and overseas projects, believing that these good works will help others see the love of Christ in action.
If you'd like to learn more about any of these projects, or you'd like to get involved, we'd love to hear from you. Simply contact the office to let us know how we can help you.
Within Our Community
We reach out to assist those in need, both within our community and beyond our community. However, those within our community receive most of our attention.
While they're too numerous to mention, two examples of our Outreach initiatives within our community are:
- Scholarship for First Nations: This is for local indigenous students who have successfully graduated from Stelly's high school and are enrolled in a college or trade school.
- Food and Nourishment: A common thread that directly benefits our community is food and nourishment that's provided in a variety of ways (ranging from the "Soups On" that's free for anyone who drops in, to preparing Christmas hampers for local families in need).
- 94 Calls to Action Workshop: Reconciliation of First Nations, Metis, and Inuit peoples. For copies of the Workshop materials, click HERE.
If we were not to commit to these Outreach programs within our community, they simply would not get done.
Beyond Our Community
We support many programs beyond our community, including the following:
- Uganda: One of our support efforts in Uganda is the donation of money and the offering of nursing expertise to Mengo Hospital in Kampala, Uganda.
- Primate’s World Relief & Development Fund (PWRDF): The PWRDF is the Anglican Church of Canada's agency for sustainable development, relief, refugees, and global justice. The PWRDF is quick to supply funds, food and emergency relief for environmental disasters around the world; for example, the Haiti Hurricane, and the Japan Tsunami.
- The Anglican Appeal: Supports the mission work and ministry in Canada’s North and our church partners overseas.
- Precious Jewels: Has been caring for vulnerable children in the Philippines since 1987.
We believe in the benefits that extend to our own community at large, through the healthy and generous support we extend to world needs.
Connections / Partnerships With Other Churches / Parishes in The Wider Community
- Saanich Peninsula Roman Catholic Community
- St. Andrews (Sidney)